Friends of the Librarymembership & volunteer opportunities
Volunteer Opportunities the Library
Would you like to help the library?
Join the Friends of the Hood River County Library and participate. In the fiscal year 2019-2020, there were over 1,070 volunteer hours recorded at the library. Contact email@example.com or 541-387-7067 if you are interested in one of our volunteer spots, or fill out this volunteer application and be contacted soon.
Volunteer positions available:
- Book covering and repair. This group meets every Monday at 9:00 to prepare new books for the shelves and to repair damaged books. (Come in the alley way door to join us.)
- The Dirty Book Club: Meets the 2nd & 4th Wednesdays at 1:00 to clean those dirty children’s books. [Not meeting at this time – check back for updates.]
- Entrance Display: Creates fresh displays for the library foyer each month.
- Processing all donated books: for ongoing sales, the annual book sale, and for the “free” carts.
- Processing all incoming materials for the library: covering, taping books, marking cds.
- Shelving: all returned books.
- Book sales: organizing, set up, and staffing for the annual 3-day book sale.
- Hood River Reads: a massive, annual undertaking with many volunteer opportunities.