These policies have been adopted by our Board of Directors and govern the District in all that it does. Copies of these policies can be downloaded in PDF by clicking the links. You may also ask at any public service desk to have copies of the policies printed for you.
- Board Governance Policy [December 18, 2018]
- Bulletin Board and Information Distribution Policy [June 18, 2019]
- Code of conduct Ordinance No.1 [June 28, 2018]
- Collection Development Policy [October 21, 2014]
- COVID-19 Employee Policy [December 17, 2020]
- COVID-19 Policy Volunteers [December 17, 2020]
- Employee health care benefits policy [January 19, 2021]
- Exhibits policy [August 20, 2019]
- Financial management policy [December 15, 2020]
- Gift and donation policy [December 15, 2020]
- Intellectual Property Policy [August 19, 2014]
- Library card policy [December 15, 2020]
- Library card policy Espanol [March 21, 2017]
- Library director evaluation policy [January 15, 2019]
- Meeting and study rooms policy [February 19, 2020]
- Mission, Vision, and Values [April 17, 2012]
- Personal Services Policy [June 18, 2019]
- Personnel policies [December 17, 2019]
- Preventative Maintenance Policy [December 18, 2018]
- Programming Policies [October 21, 2014]
- Public records policy [September 17, 2019]
- Return to work policy [March 23, 2018]
- Social Media Policy [March 19, 2019]
- Strategic goals [2016-21]
- Technology use policy [October 15, 2019]
- Use Restrictions Policy [February 26, 2019]
- Volunteer Policy [July 16, 2019]
Using The Library
Books & More
The Jeanne Marie Gaulke Community Meeting Room at the Hood River Library is available for the public to use for meetings and special events. Such use could include nonprofit board meetings, public hearings, concerts and performances, lectures, and much more.
Up to 49 people can occupy the room. The room is free for non-commercial use and $20 per hour for commercial use or private use. Commercial use includes selling products or services, fundraising, or events where a fee is charged. Private use includes events for private parties such as closed parties, depositions, meetings with clients, etc. Businesses and commercial organizations may use the Meeting Room without charge for educational and informational purposes or for staff meetings and trainings.
The room can be booked up to 6 months in advance. While every effort is made to accommodate use of the room, we cannot guarantee availability for regular weekly or monthly events or events that involve all day use across multiple days.
The following furniture and equipment are available:
- Television with DVD and VHS players
- Projection screen
- LCD projector
- Phone for teleconferencing (upon request)
Booking the room
If you're interested in booking the room, please first read the Meeting and study rooms policy. Then, check the calendar below to see if the dates in which you're interested are available. Once you determine your dates, fill out the form below to book the room. We like to leave at least a 30 minute gap between appointments, so keep that in mind when requesting times.
Need to use the room at a time with the library isn't open? No problem! We're happy to check out a key to you, so the room is available anytime.
The calendar below shows when the room is being used. Please check the room's availability, then fill out the application below. We will contact you to confirm your reservation.Meeting room reservations can only be made for meetings occurring within the next 6 months. Please call us with questions at 541-386-2535 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MOBILE DEVICE USERS:
If the individual days can't be read, try ROTATING your phone or tablet to view horizontally (landscape). If you are having difficulties, you can view it on a laptop/desktop computer or contact us.