Taxes & Tax Forms
Federal tax forms
All three Hood River County Library District locations provide tax forms. We have the following forms:
- Federal 1040/1040 SR instruction booklets and forms
Unfortunately, due to budget cuts, the IRS will not be sending us copies of forms other than these, including the schedules. If you need other forms or instructions, library staff are happy to help you find any federal or state tax forms you need. Federal tax forms can be downloaded from the Internal Revenue Service website. Forms not carried by the library can be printed, the first 20 copies are free and each additional copy costs 10 cents per page.
Oregon tax forms
Unfortunately, the State of Oregon does not send tax forms to public libraries. However, library staff are happy to help you find the forms you need. Forms not carried by the library can be printed, the first 20 copies are free and each additional copy costs 10 cents per page. Forms can be downloaded from the Oregon Department of Revenue website. You may also call 800-356-4222 (inside Oregon) or 503-378-4988 (outside Oregon) to have the forms mailed to your home or business.
Help finding tax forms
If you need paper forms and the libraries do not carry them, you may also call to have forms mailed to your home or business
Tax preparation assistance
If you’d like to prepare your taxes online yourself, library computers are available for preparing your taxes through any number of online programs, including the IRS’s Free File program. CASH Oregon also has information on free tax services.
- While library staff aren’t able to offer tax advice, we are fortunate to have the Mid-Columbia AARP’s Tax-Aide Program. This program provides free tax preparation to low- and moderate-income families, with special emphasis on individuals 60 years and over. They have three local sites open starting February 14.
- (Mondays Only) Hood River County Library, 502 E. State St, Hood River, OR, 2PM-5PM.
- (Thursdays Only) Hood River Valley Adult Center, 2010 Sterling Pl, Hood River, OR, 2PM-5PM.
- (Fridays Only) Mid-Columbia Senior Center, 1112 W. 9th St, The Dalles, OR, 3PM-6PM
- All tax preparation will be by appointment only – no drop in. To schedule an appointment, visit gorgetaxaide.simplybook.me. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for specific times will not be guaranteed. At your appointment, you will drop off your tax information and meet briefly with a certified tax preparer. When your tax return is completed, you will be contacted to schedule a brief meeting to pick up a copy of your tax return and sign your consent form to all Gorge Tax-Aide to file your return electronically.
Books & More
Using The Library
Hood River County Library District
Ask a Librarian
Printing / WiFi