Current Library Services
Welcome back inside!
We’re opening back up for limited in-branch services such as browsing and computer use.
We are currently offering the following ways to use the library (read more about each below):
- Limited in-person visits
- Curbside/walk-up service
- Remote/online service
We will update this page as conditions change to help keep patrons and staff safe. You can also check our Limited Library Services: FAQs page for more information or contact us directly if you still have questions.
Limited in-person visits:
How to visit the Hood River and Cascade Locks Branch Libraries
- You can book an appointment to browse or use the computers. Because library space and visit times are limited, this will guarantee your time slot.
- Walk-in visitors are welcome. Entrance is first-come, first served, as allowed by capacity. Check your branch for hours.
- Visits are limited to 30 minutes.
What you can do
- Browse the collection.
- Use our computers and print.
- Pick up your available holds.
- Get assistance from staff with your account, technology, or other questions.
- Photocopy and scan documents.
- Pick up available print requests.
Please keep in mind
- Masks and social distancing are required throughout your entire visit. (Masks provided on request.)
- Food and drink are not allowed.
- Bathrooms will be closed due to strict cleaning protocols. Plan ahead!
- All seating has been put away to help keep patrons to 30 minutes and reduce sanitation requirements.
- There will be no meeting rooms available at this time.
- Feeling sick? We encourage anyone with a fever, cough, or shortness of breath to please stay home and use our online resources or contact us.
Get a library card
Use the online registration form to get access to our online resources listed here.
Call us or email us to get assistance from staff with your account, technology, or other questions.
Make a request
Request personalized reading suggestions.
Watch or participate in a virtual program
We have virtual programs for kids, teens, and adults. Join a book discussion group, play games, see a storytime!
Download or stream books or media, or use our other online resources
With internet access and a device, you can borrow and enjoy ebooks & audiobooks, stream movies, and explore our online learning & research links. Get a closer look on our Digital Library page.