We now have federal tax forms are now available at the Hood River, Cascade Locks, and Parkdale libraries. The three standard 1040 forms (1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ) are available, including instructions. Unfortunately, the State of Oregon no longer sends tax forms to libraries, so those forms are unavailable. However, we are happy to help people find any federal or state tax forms they may need. Forms not carried by the library cost ten cents per page for printing.

While we are not able to provide tax advice or preparation assistance, they can help locate the specific forms that you may need online or from a binder of reproducible forms. AARP Tax-Aide is also available at the Hood River Library (502 State St) on Mondays from 2:00 to 6:00 pm and the Hood River Valley Adult Center (2010 Sterling Place) on Thursdays from 2:00 to 6:00 pm. Both locations are operating through April 15. Library computers are also available for people who would like to submit their taxes online through programs such as FreeFile, TurboTax, or TaxAct.

Oregon tax forms are not available at the libraries. However, they can be downloaded for free from the Oregon Department of Revenue’s website, http://www.oregon.gov/DOR. Taxpayers may also call 800-356-4222 to have the forms mailed.

More information on the tax forms available, AARP’s Tax Aide service and information on how to locate tax forms online are available on a Taxes and Tax Forms page. For more information, please contact us.